There are so many free, legal options to stream current, popular TV shows and full-length movies online! Here are some of the best choices:
- casttv.com (network and cable shows)
- Crackle– plenty of popular television shows and and a wide range of free and uncut movies. Many are recent blockbusters, but there are also a number of classic and underground choices. There are more than 200 films and more than 100 TV shows from every genre. Art films, comedies, documentaries and music films and many other types of films are available here. Not all the content is appropriate for everyone. (i.e. not all films are suitable for all viewers. ) Note that Crackle is supported by advertising, so each video will have commercial breaks.
The selection is constantly rotating, so check back often. You can also browse for your favorite TV shows as well.
Some movies will require you to sign up to view content, and most have commercials.
Take Crackle’s great programming with you wherever you go? Download for iOS Download for Android Download for Windows phone
- fancast.com and fancast.com/full_episodes
- hulu.com owned by NBC and Fox has a free trial for brand-new, popular TV shows and movies (action films, dramas, foreign films and musicals, among other genres, documentaries and the latest movie trailers). Hulu hosts hundreds of shows, many of them recently broadcast on major networks. New episodes of shows are available the day after they premier on major networks. (Not sure if this is still true but at one time we were told that Hulu Plus won’t work with Internet Explorer.
- Internet Archive When a film enters the public domain the mostly classic films are online at the Internet Archive. Features, shorts, silent films, talkies and even vintage newsreels and advertisements are available. Play on the site or download for viewing later. Browse entire collections by genre or focus on specific subjects.Check out what’s popular by looking at the most download movies on the right side of the page.
The search feature is also handy if you have a classic film you’re trying to find.
- Listentoamovie.com has the audio from hundreds of flick, TV shows, radio programs and stand-up comedy! There are no ratings attached to any media, so you might wish to think about that if tuning in with kids around. Simply search and select the movie you want to listen to, and click the play button. It’s as easy as that!
- Movie2k.comsnagfilms.com Find over 600 free full-length documentaries
- Surfthechannel.com (Example: Friday Night Lights and Oz episodes
- Viewster collects tons of films, and TV shows, from every genre that flew under the radar, so there are probably plenty that you haven’t seen. Most of them are free, although some will give you a choice between watching advertisements or paying a $3 fee. NOTE: Many of these films are not rated and could include objectionable material.
- YouTube – Movies offers full-length feature films from Hollywood and around the world. Many are completely free. You can also find classic films and independent films. offers full-length feature films from Hollywood and around the world. Remember that some of these movies are not suitable for all audiences.
Find a guide for these sites at ovguide.com
- Big Five Glories – During the Golden Age of Hollywood cinema in the 1930s and ’40s, the five biggest production companies were Fox, RKO, Paramount, Warner Bros. and MGM. Four of the BigFive are still making movies. Find many of the most glorious black and white classic flicks (dramas, comedies, horror, Westerns, silent films and other films) made between 1903 all the way up to 1976 on Big Five Glories. All videos stream on the site without commercial interruption. How cool is that?
If you find that any of these no longer work, please leave a comment so we can fix it. Thank you!