A tablespoon or two in your diet can make you look and feel better. Vinegar contains nutrients needed to stop and even reverse signs of aging.
If you are tired and feeling old you may have a chronic potassium deficiency. (80% of Americans are deficient in it and fatigue, mental fuzziness and muscle weakness are symptoms). Take vinegar daily (3-4 tablespoons contains 100 mg. of potassium.) and you can see an improvement in your energy, mood and strength in just 2 weeks. It is recommended that we get this from the health food store so there is “mother” in it.
Obesity and weight loss
Lose weight -Vinegar suppresses appetite and boosts metabolism to promote weight loss and combat obesity. It speeds digestion, so food is burned for energy, instead of being stored as fat.
- Vinegar and oil dressing makes you feel fuller and and to avoid hunger-induced sugar spikes.
- One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in an 8 oz. glass of water before your two biggest meals of the day helps prevent fat from accumulating in the body.
- 2 T. of vinegar a day in pickles, cabbage, beans, tomatoes, vinaigrette drizzled on top of grilled vegetables or salads or in the case of balsamic vinegar as a topping for ripe strawberries. (Did you know that strawberries also whiten your teeth?)
For youthful skin (from a dermatologist) -mix 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with 8 oz water in a spray bottle and spritz on before going to bed. (Apple cider vinegar’s malic* and tartaric act as exfoliants and astringents, drawing toxins, unclogging pores and making dry dull skin look radiant. Plus, apple cider vinegar seals in moisture so skin stays soft and is less prone to developing wrinkles.
Instead of buying expensive facial products, mix up “toner” using 1/2 water, 1/2 vinegar and a few aspirin. The acids in the vinegar force your old skin cells to flake off, much like the store-bought “alpha hydroxy” products, yet it is safer and much cheaper. (You can also use Apple Cider Vinegar on a cotton ball to cleanse your face. It will make your face turn red, just like the alpha hydroxy lotions do.)
The 5 major types of alpha hydroxy acids found in expensive skin-care products and their sources:
- glycolic acid – sugar cane
- lactic acid – milk
- malic acid – pears and apples (see the link here to apple cider vinegar?)
- citric acid – oranges and lemons
- tartaric acid – grapes, apples (another link to apple cider vinegar)
- Acne remedy – diluted 50:50 with water and used as a toner. Careful around the eyes.
- Dry skin repair & skin softener -Add ½ cup of vinegar or so to warm bath water and get double benefits; softer skin and a cleaner bathtub with less work. Smooth a little vinegar on cracked, dried skin to help it heal.
- Love it for shaving my legs.