Frozen spinach, puff pastry crust, cheese…..and everyone will think it took hours!
Prep: 20 minutes Bake: 30 minutes, Stand: 10 minutes
- ½ of a 17.3 oz. frozen puff pastry (1 sheet)
- 1 – 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- ½ of an 8 oz. pkg. reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened (4 oz.)
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 oz. Colby and Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded (¾ cup)
- 2-3 teaspoons onion powder
- Thaw pastry, using direction on box. On floured counter, roll out pastry to form a 12-inch square. Transfer to 9 inch pie plate or quiche dish; press into bottom and up sides. Trim, leaving ½ inch overhang.
- Place spinach in colander; press out liquid. In large bowl, stir cream cheese until smooth; stir in eggs, shredded cheese and onion powder. Stir in spinach.
- Pour spinach into pastry-lined pie plate. Bake in 375 oven 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cover edges of the crust with some foil to prevent over browning. Let stand 10 minutes; serve. Makes 8 servings
302 calories, 22 g fat, 153 mg chol, 265 mg sodium, 17 g carbo, 2 g fiber, 11 g pro.