Disclaimer: We are not now, nor have we ever been in Real Estate. This is just some of the things we wish we had known to do before we every bought our first property.
| Ask yourself these questions:
Why are we looking for a house-Growing family? Relocating? Empty Nest? Upgrading? ________________________________________________
Time frame (Immediately, 3 months, 6 months, a year.)
Features we want in a new home to have and a second list of what our new home must have.
Any disadvantages of our home now? __________
Anything in current home we want to make sure we have in new? __________
Area- neighborhood, school, other requirements __________
What are you most interested in/would find the most helpful
- How to get pre-approved (Why it would help to be pre-approved) Preliminary work can help determine the amount of home for which we qualify so we don’t waste time.
- Where to get money for a down payment? (Not going out to eat or to the movies, using coupons )
- How much money down and closing do I need?
- Anything or any reason that I might not qualify?
- What to take to meeting with lender.