- AT&T: Special Senior Nation 200 Plan $29.99/month age 65+;
- Jitterbug : $10/month cell phone service age 50+;
- Verizon Wireless: Verizon Nationwide 65 Plus Plan $29.99/month age 65+;
- Secret Cell Phone Discounts and here to view all cell phone discounts available to you!)
- Over 1800 organizations/groups get discounts (in addition to Firefighters & law enforcement, Army, Navy, Marine, Air Force, union members and AARP.) If your company isn’t listed here as being entitled to a discount: freesamplesite.com ask your employer (HR department) for the FAN number. If they don’t yet have it set up with AT&T it can be a great opportunity for your business to set up a discount for employees. (A nice little perk for employees!) Some companies actually get up to a 27% savings on monthly rate and there is at least one that gets a 50% savings on equipment!
AARP membership! (yes, even if you are too young for a regular membership!) AARP costs about $16 a year–cheaper if you pay it for more than 1 year at a time– to get a 20% discount on your AT&T cell phone bill. On a $50 cell monthly bill that is $120 savings a year. After the cost of the AARP card you save $104 a year!
(AARP membership application call toll-free, 1-888-687-2277, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. – 12 midnight EST) All cell phone providers offer it. Contact your cell phone provider for the FAN discount procedure and ask if they give discounts for AARP.) If you have an AARP membership, simply go to the AT&T Corporate store with your AARP card and get the discount.If you are: age 50 and over: $16 AARP membership covers both you and your spouse or partner; under age 50: you will need to be on the AARP membership of someone who is age 50 (parent, spouse, partner, etc) (In other words, you might have to buy a $16 AARP membership for your parent if they don’t have one, in order to get a nice cell phone discount–but that way you can both get a cell phone discount….even if you don’t use the same cell phone provider.) AT&T Cell phones 15% discount to veterans (most cell phone providers do-just ask)
AT&T requires you to go to one of their two corporate stores in Tulsa, to show your ID. One is at the Tulsa Hills Shopping center the last time we checked. Call one of the corporate stores (918) 270-2002, (918) 664-8400, (918) 307-1420 before going, as the stores may change hours or locations. Just call your provider beforehand to find out what you need to do.
- Cell phones- use a free texting service such as textPlus which assigns you a free phone number through which you can send and receive texts as much as you want on Android devices, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. see Smart Ways to Save on Smart-Phone Plans.