1 cup peanut butter
½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
3 cups confectioners sugar
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate or coating chocolate (chocolate bark)
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a stand mixer, beat peanut butter, butter, vanilla extract and salt together on medium speed.
3. Add the confectioners sugar, ½ cup at a time, until the mixture is very smooth and firm.
4. Form 1-inch balls and place them on the baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
5. Melt and temper the chocolate or simply melt the coating chocolate.
6. Dip peanut butter balls in the chocolate and place them back on the baking sheet. Let them set for at least 1 hour before serving.
Note: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to one week.