Here are items that will be at the lowest price of the year during the holidays, so stock up!
- Poultry – Chicken and cornish hens will be on sale with turkey, and the weeks after the holidays will see even better prices as stores need to get rid of them to make room for new product. Buy to freeze for stews, stir-fry, Mexican dinners and other quick meals.
- Bacon – freezes well so stock up.
- boxed pudding and Jello
- cake, cookie and brownie mixes
- dried fruits
- nuts -check bulk retailers and grocery stores along with containers of “holiday nut varieties”. Store in a cool, dark place away from light or heat.
- sugar (including brown sugar and powdered sugar)
- Chocolate chips
- Jello cheese cake
- Jiffy cornbread mix
- Oil (Don’t forget that hardware stores (that sell turkey fryers) have great deals on oil. Get a gallon for $20 instead of $30-35!)
- Flour- White, all-purpose flour will last in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- potatoes (Aldi had 10# for .99 in 2012)
- Pumpkin pie and other pies (watch for coupons)
- Cool Whip and dairy toppings
- Reames noodles
- Frozen Vegetables – stock up stir-fries and soups.
- cream cheese
- butter – it freezes well ;some buy it by the case.
CANNED AND JARS
- soups- Campbells’s cream of tomato, chicken, mushroom
- fruits (Libby’s coupons)
- Heinz gravy
- canned pumpkin
- sweet potatoes
- Swanson’s broth
- Potatoes au Gratin Betty Crocker
- Stovetop stuffing
CANDY (watch for candy coupons)
- Pot of Gold candy
Aldi has great prices all year, of course!
- Crackers – snack crackers or saltines
- Plastic bags, Aluminum Foil, Parchament Paper, Reusable Storage Containers all go on sale for super low prices.
- Cupcake Liners – You can also get them at the Dollar Store or
- make liners from parchment paper by cutting parchment into squares and pressing into each space!
Price Match your groceries and use coupons for the best savings…..
Click to see if the item you are looking for is on sale at any of the following: Walmart ~ Target Kmart ~ Walgreens ~ CVS ~ Family Dollar ~ Dollar General ~ Aldi ~ Whole Foods (It does require you to register so you can get in quickly each time) or scroll down and scan the short list we have made. Make a list of what is needed then take your ads to Walmart….but if you don’t have them some of them will take your word for it.
Create a list of lowest-priced items to price match at Walmart. (Hint: If you are looking for toilet paper it seems to be under “bath tissue” or the brand name.
Look to see if the item you need is on sale anywhere else
Hot, price match, price-matching ,etc.