PETER GOTT, M.D.
Diarrhea can be the result of a number of causes, including bacteria in food, viruses, parasites, ingesting an excessive amount of fruit or greasy foods, stress, food poisoning and a great deal more.
Home/folk remedies for prevention include:
- a teaspoon of apple-cider vinegar mixed with a teaspoon of honey in water 30 minutes before each meal, bismuth subsalicylate taken following an attack
- the juice of a freshly squeezed lemon in a glass of water up to four times a day
- 6 ounces of red wine
- psyllium capsules
- bee pollen taken several times each day and
- several fresh or frozen blackberries. The whole berries can be substituted with blackberry juice, a shot of blackberry brandy or blackberry wine.
- To this list, we can now add your recommendation of a half can of Blackberries (15 oz.) <—–Click to read full story