- Helps prevent Alzheimer’s
- Controls hot flashes and other menopause symptoms
- Helps control blood pressure
- Boosts memory
- Reduces risk of osteoporosis; rebuilds bone.
- Helps control appetite.
- Helps alleviate PMS symptoms.
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids are an important part of a diet and exercise plan.
- Eaten in moderation, can help with weight loss as the calorie-burning protein metabolizes fat. (Eat as a snack or sprinkle on salads.)
Avoid salted, roasted or friend nuts due to extra calories and salt. When nuts are cooked fat oils oxidize and become somewhat toxic.