May cause sleeplessness
- Caffeine leeches calcium from bones causing leg cramps and also from teeth.
- High fructose corn sweetener packs on pounds. (If you can find one with sugar instead the sugar depletes magnesium.)
- Caffeine cause dehydration which can weaken the heart.
- Sweetened with Aspartame ( Nutra Sweet) which has an alarming health record or Sucralose, also marketed as Splenda, which breaks down into small amounts of 1,6 -dichlorofructose, a chemical similar to chlorinated pesticides.
- acesulfame-k is a dangerous chemical.
- Carbonated water decreases the amount of oxygen in the blood depriving your of a significant amount of oxygen.
- Phosphoric acid contributes to osteoporosis
- Shown to cause stress, fatigue, headaches, irritability and a general run-down feeling, your metabolism slows down so you can’t lose weight as effectively and stress gives us big (cortisol) guts. Chronic stress triggers major biochemical changes that practically give our bodies no choice but to gain weight. When Cortisol is consistently released into the blood stream the digestive system becomes weak and unable to alert the liver that the stomach is full. Cortisol causes a blood sugar flux that sparks carb cravings so intense that sticking to a diet is nearly impossible. A tongue that is red and bumpy it is a sign of cortisol overload. Protein (beans, chicken, eggs and fish are foods that counterattack the cortisol.) and helps prevent high levels of the stress cortisol. (Stress slows down metabolism which causes weight gain.) To ease stress, try this acupuncture trick: Hold out your right arm, wrist straight and fingers relaxed. Measure two fingerwidths down from your wrist; press that point for 10 seconds, then release for 10 seconds. Repeat nine times. Pressing this point sends a calming energy flow to the heart and triggers a 22 percent drop in cortisol almost instantly.
- Rapid heartbeat
- Anxiety and nervousness
- Dehydration from diuresis (that irksome need to pee in large quantities)
- Lack of concentration
- Muscle twitching
- Teeth from drinking cola But even worse: Mountain Dew Mouth