Great cooks share their secret spaghetti sauce ingredient. Try one next time you have spaghetti. Experimenting you might end up with your own secret ingredients.
- Cayenne pepper a touch so it’s not too hot, just a tad bit spicy.
- garlic, freshly chopped
- mushrooms (fresh chopped), onions, garlic, and tomatoes
- cinnamon; a tiny bit (but many great cooks know that it is wonderful in any tomato based food, such as soups, stews, chili)
- carrots, finely shredded makes the sauce sweet (others say they add carrots to chili)
- brown sugar rather than white sugar gives it more flavor.
- molasses and cayenne pepper.
- celery, a little chopped with the onions and half a jar of Pace picante sauce (It may be a bit spicy for the kids, but we love it.)
- parmesean cheese, while it’s cooking.
- l package of Herb-ox..No Salt beef bouillon really enhances the flavor of the sauce.
- Seven Up soda- just a splash. (Probably pretty much the same as adding some sugar but it does give the sauce a nice flavor.
- rich red burgundy or marsala to my tomato sauce.
- Saffron (1 Tablespoon)
- Pineapple and crushed red pepper.……sweet with a kick…… Pineapple and marinara sauce just mix so well.
- black olives, quartered or halved
- vanilla (REAL vanilla, not the awful (and dangerous) kind people bring back from Mexico or imitation vanilla)
For recipes on here go to: