Baby Boomers who were born in or prior to 1959 can take advantage of these great discounts that we have been collecting. Let us know of other discounts that you are aware of that are not yet listed.
The senior discount age varies anywhere from 50 – 65 but many places consider age 55 to be a Senior Citizen.
- Always ask if there is a discount available, if it is not posted. Many times, there is, but the companies do not advertise it.
- Never expect a discount but do thank the business if they give you one!
- It is wise to call before going to find out if a discount is still given.
- Some discounts are local and some you will find when you travel.
- retailmenot.com -type into the search box the store to see what kind of discount you can get.
AARP Oklahoma Home Page www.aarp.org/states/ok
Advance Directive Forms for Oklahoma www.okabcd.org/advance_directive.htm
AMC Theatres: Senior Admission $8. (I’d hit the $1 movies!) See Movie Theatre’s below
American the Beautiful Pass (Seniors and disabled) http://www.okdrs.gov/guide/Ch12/12-01B.asp
Appliance Repair http://www.a1appliancetulsa.com/coupons.htm 918-437-4779 (senior Citizen and Military discounts)
Aquarium– See Oklahoma Aquarium
Auto Rental- See Travel
Always ask your car repair/maintenance dealer.
Jiffy Lube Service Center Age Requirement: generally 55+ Discount: Some Jiffy Lube locations provide seniors up to 10 percent off services, but participation, age requirements, and amount vary by location.
Some banks offer a senior program providing free checking and the checks as well. Each banks program will varies in what is offered.
http://www.laketexoma.com/land_recreation/camping.html 50% for all Oklahoma residents 62 years of age and older and for out-of state visitors 62 years of age and older from the following reciprocal states: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, Tennessee, and West Virginia
Keystone Lake http://www.sandspringsok.org/category.php?cat=1002
(See also PARKS, below)
CAR WASH Seniors 60 and over (discount) http://www.clearwatertulsa.com/seniorspecials.html
Seniors, 60 and over (discount) http://www.clearwaterok.com/seniorspecials.html
CASINOS– Some consider 50 a Senior Citizen and have specials.
CELL PHONES – Show your AARP card and get 20% discount. You will need to give the foundation account number for AARP FAN#: 00033444.
All cell phone providers offer it.
AT&T requires you to go to one of their two corporate stores in Tulsa, to show your ID. One is at the Tulsa Hills Shopping center the last time we checked. Just call your provider beforehand to find out what you need to do.
Cinemark Movie: Senior Admission $6 for age 62+ (See also AMC and also the movie list)
Circle Cinema Movie: Senior Admission: $7 for age 65+
CLOTHING AND OTHER RETAIL-
- Banana Republic: 10% off typically age 50+ Discount: Most Banana Republic stores offer a 10 percent senior discount every day. The exact discount and age varies by location.
- Big Lots: 10% off every Tuesday to people 50 and older. (Discount may be available at other locations, but participation, age requirement and discount amount will vary by location, so be sure to ask.)
- Beall’s Outlet Stores give a 15% discount every Monday to customers 50+. To receive this discount, one must join their Free Monday Club. Pick up Monday Club card at any of their store locations. (Verify as it may be different in your area. )
- Belk’s: 15% off first Tuesday of every month (55+). Get 20% if you have a Belk card.
- C.J. Banks: 10% off every Wednesday (60+)
- Dress Barn gives 10% on Tuesdays. (55+) Cannot combine with any coupons
- Duckwall-ALCO Stores provide a 15% discount on all items every Tuesday to customers 62 years of age and older.
- Goodwill: 10% off one day a week (date varies by location) Watch Value News and Spot for a 50% off coupon on one item.
- Goody’s Family Clothing Stores offer an additional 15% discount off most everything every Wednesday to customers 55 and older. This month, look for additional discounts on Thursdays as well. Visit their web site for details. Some restrictions apply and not all items may be discounted.
- Hallmark: 10% off one day a week (date varies by location). – select locations offer a 10% discount one day per week. Hallmark stores are typically franchised, so it is up to the individual owners as to whether they provide a discount or not. Most Hallmark stores will extend a 10% discount (usually on Tuesdays) on regularly priced items to seniors 55 and older. It is best to inquire in advance about a particular store’s senior discount as participation, discount amount and age requirement will vary by store.
- KB Toys Age Requirement: 50+ Discount: Grandparents and others over age 50 can get a 10 percent discount on toys every Tuesday. A free membership card is required.
- Kmart: 20% off (50+)
- Kohls- Sr. Citizen discounts are offered on special days during December, Kohl’s will offer seniors the ability to take an extra percentage off their purchases at our Kohl’s Department Stores nationwide. This added discount is offered at special times throughout the year, as well. Usually 15% off (60+) on Wednesdays. (The Senior Citizen Discount is currently not available online at www.kohls.com.)
- Ross For Less -Tuesday, 10% off for senior citizens. (55+)
- The Salvation Army Thrift Stores: up to 50% off (55+)
- Stein Mart 20% off on any two items and 25% off of red dot/clearance items first Monday of every month (55+)
Dental Plans http://www.cheapdentalplanfinder.com/
Denton Ferry RV Park in AR http://www.whiteriver.net/dentonrv/
Oklahoma offers state-authorized tuition waivers as well as discounts to senior citizens wishing to educate themselves at its public colleges and universities. However be sure to discuss your needs and goals with the admissions department of the institution you desire to attend.
Ask your tax advisor about Uncle Sam’s $10,000 lifetime senior citizen deduction for higher education!
Electrical Work-Harp Electric
EVENTS-Green Country (Need to check for discount) http://www.greencountryok.com/events.php
FOOD you do have to ask as it is not well advertised and it does vary by store.
- Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar– Most locations provide a 10% discount everyday. Locations that provide the 10% discount may ask that you apply for the Applebee’s Golden Apple Card or some other discount card. Membership is free. Not all locations participate and the discount may only be good on select days. Age requirement may also vary by location. Usually 60+
- Arby’s: 10% off everday (55+)
- Ben & Jerry’s: 10% off (60+)
- Boston Market: 10% off (65+)
- Burger King may offer a discount on drinks ($.50) or 10% off (60+)
- Captain D’s Seafood Restaurants Some provide a 10% discount. Others have Sundays and Wednesdays as Super Senior Days. Guests 62 + (choose from one of ten meals, with a drink for just $4.49. Customers can still get $1 off any regular menu item on Sunday and Wednesday as well.) Participating locations only. Please check with your local Captain D’s for their Senior Day program.
- Carl’s Jr. restaurants will provide a 10% discount off meal purchases.(Excludes combo meals) Some locations may offer a discounted drink or coffee instead. Age requirement, discount and participation may vary by location, so please inquire before ordering. Carl’s Jr. is Home of the Six Dollar Burger.
- Chick-Fil-A: 10% off or discounted small drink or coffee (and possibly free refills) (55+)
- Chili’s: 10% off (55+)
- Cici’s Pizza locations provide a 10% discount every day. Most CiCi’s locations are franchised, so each location’s discount may be different. Most locations will provide a discount on the buffet to customers 55-60 years of age and older. Please contact ahead to inquire about a senior discount. Participation, discount amount and age requirement varies by each location.
- Cosi $2.00 off on Sundays
- Denny’s Restaurants – Most have a discounted menu for seniors 55 and older (for reduced portion size). Some locations may also provide a 10% discount off regularly priced items and/or provide a value card that will entitle the holder to a free meal after a certain amount of visits. Denny’s is a full-service coffee shop/family restaurant chain in the United States and is known for always being open, serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert around the clock. 10% off, 20% off for AARP members (55+)
- Dunkin’ Donuts most locations offer a senior discount, usually in the form of a coffee or a percentage off the purchase. Please Inquire at a local store. Participation, are requirements, and discount amounts vary for each store. Normally (55+)
- Fuddrucker’s: 10% off any senior platter, everyday (55+)
- Furr’s Cafeteria: $8.29 all day
- Gatti’s Pizza: 10% off (60+)
- Golden Corral- Senior Citizen’s buffet discount all day; Senior Citizens from 2-4 (M-F) can eat for 5.99 and it comes with a drink! (Other areas say 10% off (60+) so call.
- Hardee’s : $0.33 beverages everyday (65+)
- IHOP Restaurants – various discounts available depending on location for its mature customers. Most locations will offer a 10% discount and may also provide a senior menu with smaller portions and discounted prices. Some locations may offer a half price dinner one night a week. Some offer Senior citizens, buy one meal and two drinks and get one meal for FREE. Everyday 3:00pm – 6:00pm. Most locations are franchised and participation, discount amount and age requirements will vary by location. Call first. (55+)
- Incredible Pizza SENIORS–ALL kids 55 + get a buffet and drink for $4.99 ALL Day Every Day!
- Jack In The Box may provide either a discount off the total purchase amount, up to 20% depending on location, or a percentage off a drink purchase to customers 55+. Participation, discount amount and age requirement will vary by location. Please inquire about the location’s discount policy before ordering.
- KFC many locations give some form of discount to customers 55 + Many locations provide either a free drink with meal purchase or 10% off the order. Other locations may provide a discounted buffet one day every week.
- Krispy Kreme: 10% off (50+)
- Long John Silver’s: various discounts at participating locations (55+)
- Luby’s cafeteria-style restaurant chain- Many locations offer up to 20% off or special discounted senior pricing on certain nights of the week to diners 50 and older. Participation, age requirement and discount amount can vary by location.
- McDonalds has a reduced price for coffee for seniors.(55+)
- Mrs. Fields: 10% off at participating locations (60+)
- Pizza Hut and many other restaurants give 10% off.
- Popeyes Chicken-most locations provide a 10% discount on all non-discounted items or free senior drink with food purchase to people 55 and older. Some locations are franchised so age requirement, discount and participation may vary by location.
- Senior Citizens Center -you can get a meal for not much money.Call to find out age requirement.
- Shoney’s Restaurants -customers 55 and older can save about $0.50 off cooked meals and $1 off the buffet. Some Shoney’s Restaurants may offer a 10% discount instead. Participation, discount and age requirement may vary by location. Inquire at your local Shoney’s for details.
- Sonic: 10% off or free beverage (60+)
- Steak ‘n Shake: 10% off every Monday & Tuesday (50+)
- Subway: 10% off (60+)
- Taco Bell: 5% off or free beverages for seniors (65+)
- Taco Bueno– most locations provide 10% off all orders to customers 65 and older.
- Taco Cabana most locations provide a 10% discount to customers 55 and older every day.
- TCBY: 10% off (55+)
- Village Inn– Senior Citizen’s Discount 10% daily (60+)
- Waffle House– Many locations offer a 10% discount on certain days of the week, typically Mondays. Other locations may provide a senior menu with lower prices. Discounts are usually good for customers 60+ and older. Participation, discount amount and age requirement may vary by location.
- Wendy’s usually gives 10% off but occasionally you’ll find one that will give free drinks. Ages vary, but usually it’s 55.
Gilcrease Museum: Senior Admission $6 for age 62+
Goodwill http://www.goodwilltulsa.org/gwt/Go…SnID=1544511846 SENIOR CITIZEN DISCOUNT: Age 55 and older, 25% OFF entire purchase the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month.
- Great Clips: $3 off hair cuts (60+) Haircuts $6.99 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 am to 2 pm (65+)
- SuperCuts Age Requirement: usually 60+ Discount: Seniors may receive $2 off a regular adult-price haircut, but discount and age requirements vary by location. (Senior haircut is $13.95)
Hearing aids http://www.lifestyleshearing.com/ Seniors and military
Heating & Air Conditioning– Brian’s Heat and Air
Home Repair http://all-n-onehomerepair.com/
Hotels and Motels- Always ask. (See list under Travel)
AMC Theatres provides discounts of up to 30% off the regular adult admission to people 60 and older. Most locations have even greater discounts on Tuesdays, with discounts of up to 60% off the regular adult admission price. AMC/Loews Entertainment has movie theater locations in 30 states and the District of Columbia. Some offer up to 30% off (55+)
* Carmike Cinemas: 35% off (65+)
* Cinemark/Century Theaters: up to 35% off
* Hollywood Video Age Requirement: 60+ Discount: Hollywood Video customers over age 60 receive an automatic 10 percent discount on all rentals and other purchases when they use their membership card.
See Also Cinemark (above)
Some do give a discount.
OIL- Jiffy Lube 10% off
Oklahoma Aquarium- (in Jenks)
Online- $12.95 plus tax for age 62+
At the Door- Senior Admission: $11.95 plus tax for age 62+
OSU Sports A Senior Citizens discount is available in several different sports. The Senior Citizens rate is available for people of the age of 65 or older.
Places to visit- http://www.travelok.com/vacationIde…il.asp?row_id=6
(If it doesn’t specifically state it, e-mail them and ask.)
National Parks Age Requirement: 62+Discount: U.S. citizens or permanent residents 62 or older can get a lifetime pass to national parks and federal recreation areas for $10. ($20 online) Pass holders (and up to 3 adults in the same car) can avoid park entrance fees and May get a 50 percent discount on some services, such as camping, swimming, boat launch and specialized interpretive services.. The pass is good for half-off most park-usage fees and free lifetime admission to national parks, monuments and other recreational areas. For more information or to fill out an application, visit http://www.nps.gov/findapark/passes.htm
- Recreational use discount of $2/day for age 62+ (with proof of age) 15% lodge room and cabin discounts Sunday-Thursday (excludes holidays).
- Senior golf discounts during weekdays at specific tee times
email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
Pharmacy -Check with your pharmacy
Philbrook Museum: Senior Admission: $7 for age 62+
Restaurants see Food
Robertson Tire 10% off on any service.
Always ask when you buy a ticket.
Taxes- Your county may offer a tax discount, called a Senior Freeze (usually a age 65)
TRAVEL AND TRANSPORTATION-
Traveling Seniors http://www.ricksteves.com/graffiti/graffiti17.html
- Alaska Airlines : 10% off (65+)
- Alamo: up to 10% off for AARP members
- American Airlines: various discounts for 65 and up (call before booking for discount 800 433-7300)
- AMTRAK http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/Conte…194433&ssid=288 15% off (62+)
- Avis: up to 25% off for AARP members
- Best Western: 10% off (55+)
- Budget Rental Cars: 10% off; up to 20% off for AARP members (50+)
- Cambria Suites: 20%-30% off (60+)
- Choice Hotels: 10% off with advanced reservations
- Clarion: 20%-30% off (60+)
- Comfort Inn: 10%-30% off (60+) Ask at the desk and then use your cell phone to call the reservation line to see what they will give for an “advanced reservation”. If you have AARP or work for a corporation ask what the corporate rate is.
- Comfort Suites: 10%-30% off (60+)Ask at the desk and then use your cell phone to call the reservation line to see what they will give for an “advanced reservation”. If you have AARP or work for a corporation ask what the corporate rate is.
- Continental Airlines: no initiation fee for Continental Presidents Club & special fares for select destinations
- Dollar Rent-A-Car : 10% off (50+)
- Econo Lodge : 20%-30% off (60+) Ask at the desk and then use your cell phone to call the reservation line to see what they will give for an “advanced reservation”. If you have AARP or work for a corporation ask what the corporate rate is.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: 5% off for AARP members
- Greyhound: 5% off (62+)
- Hampton Inns & Suites: 10% off when booked 72 hours in advance
- Hertz: up t0 25% off for AARP members
- Holiday Inn : 10%-30% off depending on location (62+)
- Hyatt Hotels: 25%-50% off (62+) Hyatt Hotels Age Requirement: 62+ Discount: Seniors can save up to 50 percent off prevailing rates at participating hotels and resorts. Only one room can be booked at the senior rate per night, and the discount is subject to room availability.
- InterContinental Hotels Group: various discounts at all hotels (65+)
- Mainstay Suites: 10% off with MatureTraveler’s Discount (50+); 20%-30% off (60+)
- Marriott Hotels: 15% off (62+)
- Motel 6: 10% off of the standard rates (60+)
- Myrtle Beach Resort: 10% off (55+)
- National Rent-A-Car: up to 30% off for AARP membership
- Quality Inn: 10%-30% off (60+) Ask at the desk and then use your cell phone to call the reservation line to see what they will give for an “advanced reservation”. If you have AARP or work for a corporation ask what the corporate rate is.
- Red Roof Inn Offers various discounts. Call reservation line and mention “Senior Program Discount”.
- Rodeway Inn : 20%-30% off (60+)
- Sleep Inn: 10%-30% off (60+) Ask at the desk and then use your cell phone to call the reservation line to see what they will give for an “advanced reservation”. If you have AARP or work for a corporation ask what the corporate rate is.
- Southwest Airlines offers varoius discounted senior fares. for ages 65+ (call before booking for discount) http://www.southwest.com/travel_cen…niors.html?src=
- Southwest Airlines— hotels
- Trailways Transportation System: various discounts for ages 50+
- United Airlines: various discounts for ages 65 and up (call before booking for discount)
- U.S. Airways: various discounts for ages 65 and up (call before booking for discount)
Tulsa Air and Space Museum: Senior Admisssion: $10 for age 62+
Tulsa State Fair (in the fall): Senior Admission: $6 for age 62+
Tulsa Zoo: Senior Admission” $6.00 for 65+
Northern Oklahoma Development Authority Area Agency on Aging www.noda-aaa.com
Oklahoma Department of Human Services, Aging Services Division www.okdhs.org/aging
Senior resources http://www.savvysenior.org/seniorresources.htm
Tulsa Area Agency on Aging
Area Agency on Aging Other Areas besides Tulsa:
Government info- http://www.usa.gov/Topics/Seniors.shtml
American Seniors http://www.americanseniors.org/Page…s/index_new.gif
Medicaid Information for Oklahoma www.cms.hhs.gov/medicaid/state.asp?state=OK
Other places to ask:
SHOPPING- (Also see Clothing)
DISCLAIMER: The above list is provided only to make you aware of businesses that offer discounts. We make no recommendations whatsoever. We receive no payments from anyone to be listed. Due Diligence is always completely your responsibility.