We all know someone who is widowed. According to the U.S. Census Bureau 800,000 people become widowed each year, in the U.S. with 59.4 the median age of a first-time widow. * Half of all women who will become widowed, become so by age 65. In 2017, there were approximately 15 million widowed in the U.S. with more than 100,000 of them living here in Oklahoma. * https://www.census.gov/prod/2011pubs/p70-125.pdf (See table 7)
TO HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT A WIDOW IS GOING THROUGH- WHAT FRIENDS AND FAMILY NEED TO KNOW
- What to Expect, Now That She is a Widow
- What the widowed won’t tell you but wish you knew
- Widow Acting “Strange”?
- When Grandmother Became a Widow….
- A Heart for the Widowed Project
- Buddy Stone, with Stand in the Gap- Widows
FOR THE WIDOWED
- Are Churches Failing the Widow?
- From One Widow to Another
- Finding Help For Widows in Oklahoma
- Widows Wednesday (youtube videos for the widowed)
- How Long Does One Grieve? (Finding support)
- Grieving the Loss of Friends Who Didn’t Stick Around When Our Loved One Died
- Grieving the Loss of Church Fellowship
- What the Butterfly Can Teach Us
STRESS RELIEF FOR THE WIDOWED
- Benefits of laughter Condensed version of laughter’s benefits here
- Coloring Provides Stress Relief for Adults
FINANCES MAY HAVE CHANGED DRASTICALLY SINCE BEING WIDOWED
- Is Your Grandma Hungry and You Don’t Know It? Senior/Elder Hunger ~ The Hidden Epidemic in America.
- Starving Widows in Oklahoma!
- Starving Widows in Oklahoma (Full Story)
- Knick-knacks, Perfume or Jewelry Isn’t What Mom Really Needs A Grocery Store Gift Card May Be Appreciated More Than Anything Else You Can Buy Them
- Elderly hungry in Oklahoma, yet/ many cannot qualify for SNAP (food assistance)
HELPING THE WIDOWED
- A Simple Act That Can Touch a Widow’s Heart
- Make a Difference Day October of Each Year
- Where do I get rid of all of this stuff?
Facebook: A Heart for the Widowed