This simple inexpensive but yummy dessert is so easy and a delicious way to get your chocolate fix. A keeper of a recipe, for sure. (A few tablespoons of cake mix, water with some jam or syrup and 45 seconds in the microwave will give you a quick dessert while stretching the cake mix to last a long time.)
BASIC “WARM DELIGHTS” CLONE RECIPE
1. Four level tablespoons of cake mix* in a microwaveable (ceramic) cereal bowl (*any flavor/brand, even cake with pudding in the mix or something cheap like Aldi brand)
2. Two tablespoons water stirred in- add a little more if it is too dry- until well mixed; some tiny lumps are okay.
3. Ingredient of your choice (such as hot fudge, Hershey’s chocolate syrup, a small amount of raspberry jam or some caramel ice cream topping or chocolate chips) swirling it through cake mix several times. (You may choose to instead add this sweet ingredient after it has baked.)
4. Microwave times will vary with each microwave, so start slow so you don’t burn it. It will usually be from 45-60 seconds (NOT MINUTES!) Don’t let it cook too long. Stick a fork into the cake part to see if it looks like baked cake. You might need to add a few seconds cooking time. Different amounts and different sauces can cause it to need a few seconds more of baking time.
5. Remove, let set for 2-3 minutes to cool as the filling will be HOT. It’s ready to eat and you can add Cool Whip or ice cream or nothing if you wish.